- 1. Personal Information
- “Personal Information” refers to information defined by the Japanese Personal Information Protection Law (2003). This is information about living individuals, including name, date of birth, address, phone number, contact information, and information that can identify a specific individual such as data on facial features, fingerprint, voice print, and insurance details.
- 2. Collection of Personal Information
- When a user registers with J-CAT, we may ask for personal information including name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account details, credit card number, and driver’s license number. In addition, transaction records including some of this personal information may be shared with J-CAT’s business partners, such as advertisers (hereafter “Partners”).
- 3. Purposes of Collecting Personal Information
- 4. Changes to the Purposes of Collecting Personal Information
- J-CAT shall change the Purpose of Collecting Personal Information only if it is understood to be related to our services and the original Purposes of Collecting Personal Information. If the Purposes of Collecting Personal Information are changed, this will be announced directly to users or on our website.
- 5. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
- J-CAT will not, except in the following circumstances, provide personal information to third parties without the user’s prior consent. This does not apply when required to do so by The Personal Information Protection Law (2003) or other laws. We may provide personal information to third parties when necessary to protect the life, health, or property of a person and it is impossible to obtain the consent of that person directly; when it is necessary to improve public health or promote the healthy development of children and it is difficult or impossible to obtain the consent of that person; when it is necessary for a national institution or local public entity to carry out affairs stipulated by law, or when there is a risk that obtaining the consent of the person would hinder that affair (e.g. in a criminal investigation); when the Provision was announced in advance and J-CAT notified the Personal Information Protection Committee in advance.
J-CAT will cease providing personal information to a third party at the request of the person to whom the personal information relates.
Notwithstanding the provisions of the following paragraph, information may also be provided to third parties if we entrust all or part of the handling of personal information to a third party in order to carry out our business; when personal information is shared due to a merger or other related events. The person to whom personal information relates will be informed in advance either directly or indirectly if personally identifiable information is used, and of the person or persons responsible for managing that information.
- 6. Disclosure of Personal Information
- If an individual requests a copy of their personal information as collected by J-CAT, we will provide it without delay. However, in the following cases, we may not provide all or part of that personal information. We may not disclose personal information if there is a risk to harming the life, health, property, or other rights or interests of the person making the request or of a third party; if there is a risk of seriously impending the proper implementation of our business; if disclosing personal information would violate laws or regulations. If this is the case, J-CAT will inform the individual without delay. As a general rule, J-CAT will not disclose information other than personal information.
- 7. Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
- If a user’s personal information as recorded by J-CAT is incorrect, the user may correct, add to, or delete their personal information. When we receive such a request and determine it to be necessary or proper to comply with the request, we shall do so without delay. If J-CAT decides to make corrections, additions, or deletions without the request of the user, or decides not to make required corrections, additions, or deletions, we will notify the user without delay.
- 8. Suspension of Use of Personal Information
- If personal information is handled by a person or entity beyond the scope of Section 3, or because it was obtained by unlawful means, or if requested to do so by the person to whom the personal information pertains, J-CAT will suspend usage of that personal information without delay, and conduct an investigation if necessary. J-CAT will inform the user(s) of this suspension, or of the decision not to suspend usage.
Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, J-CAT may take alternative measures to protect the rights and interests of our users if suspension would be impossible or extremely difficult.
- 9. Use of Statistically Processed Data
- J-CAT may create statistical data processed in such a way as to make it impossible to identify an individual. We reserve the right to use this data without restrictions.
- 10. Acquisition and Use of Contextual and Attribution Information, Device Information, Location Information, and Action History That Does Not Specify Individuals
- 11. Use of Services of Affiliated Partners
- 13. Inquiries
- For inquiries regarding this policy, please contact Japan Culture and Technology Co., Ltd. at [email protected].
First Edition, December 1, 2019
Translated from the Japanese original. In the case of disputes or clarifications, the Japanese version shall take precedence.